Saturday, September 12, 2009

health care...

I'm so freaking lost on all this health care stuff! I know a lot of Americans think it should be a RIGHT we have...free health care. And, damn, I'd love it if we could even possibly consider doing that! Who's gonna say no to anything free? However, I don't see how it could be done. Insurance is super-expensive, yet I really don't want someone in DC telling me what treatment I can try or not. Since I have ms, I have to have expensive drugs, & luckily, one of the drug companies will work with me. But I know there are way many more people out there that need different drugs, some even more expensive. Or when you don't need drugs, just a doctor!
I also know that, actually, the reason drugs & doctors aren't just free for everyone. MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE & DRUGS are commodities! Why in the world do we expect them to be free? I know, it just sucks all the way around, doesnt it? So, why CAN'T we get health insurance individually from across state lines?? And why won't they limit the amount of medical malpractice awards? If doctors werent having to CYA by sending you to get tons of unneccessary tests, they might not have to spend so much on malpractice insurance! I'm not saying doctors do everything right, but c'mon! Obama even accused doctors of doing surgery just for the money!! I'm not a doctor, but if I was I'd be SO FREAKING offended by that! And he said one time that instead of getting an expensive operation, maybe you should just stay home and take painkillers!! WTF????

No comments: